Sunday, September 27, 2009

7 YEARS!

Here are some of my favorite memories of Hunter over the last 7 years. I still clearly remember the doctor laying Hunter on my chest when he was born. As soon as I took my first look at him all I could think was that he looked so familiar, like I had known him for forever. He was a sweet baby, always easy to comfort, it usually just took a hug and he was fine. We had so much fun together. I would sit on the couch and read a book while he was laying on a pillow on my lap, he was so content! I remember that I cried when I put his 0-3 month clothes away, I couldn't believe he had grown that much already.
The toddler years seemed hard with him at the time, but I look back on them now and realize that they were some of the best times. When Jared and I would sit down at night and watch tv together, Hunter would always snuggle up next to me and fall asleep. The couch was always our napping place, I miss that, he is too big now:(. Hunter started calling Daddy, Da-eee. He still does to this day, the d's don't quite make it in. He has always been such a funny kid, always doing something that made us laugh.
Hunter loves to learn and I guess it comes natural to him. We would sit and I would try teaching him things, he always thought it was a game, maybe that it why he likes it. I remember when we dropped off his registration money for his preschool. He was so upset that he couldn't stay and that he had to wait ALL summer to go back. That was new for me since he had always been so clingy. When he finally started going his teacher would have to remind him several times (in the 2 hours he was there) that I would be back. I was always so excited to go get him, the house was lonely without him there.
Hunter has just recently started going over to our neighbors house to play with his friends. It is tough trying to get him to come home, he prefers his friends over us now;). I am glad he has good friends though, and that he is able to experience that.
Cows, Diggers, Godzilla/dinosaurs, Bakugan. These have been his toy obsessions. Cows were when he was a baby/toddler. Anything cow-ish and he would freak out. He loved to come grocery shopping with me because there were cow pictures above the milk. Diggers came next, we would see them all the time while I was a crossing guard. Godzilla was Daddy's doing. He bought Hunter all the old movies for Christmas one year and that is where it started. That is all he wanted for about 3 years, I think. His new thing is Bakugans, these little balls that you roll over magnetic cards and they pop open into some type of weird animal. It is the new craze among 6-10 year olds.
Hunter is the BEST big brother! My favorite moments are when he is playing with Alyssa or Jackson because he wants to, not because I asked him to. He is always watching out for them and trying to make them happy. The other kids are lucky to have such a wonderful brother who loves them so much.
Jared and I are so blessed to have Hunter as our son. He keeps us laughing and is so caring towards others. We love you Hunter-Happy 7th birthday!

2 comments:

  1. And don't forget how amazing he is at baseball!! Happy Birthday, Hunter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh, forgot about sports. He is great at basketball too! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete